Student Visitor Visa

Since 1 December 2020, Student Visitor Visa holders are only permitted to study on English language courses lasting between six and eleven months.

For other courses lasting up to six months, it may be possible for non-visa nationals to come to the UK on the Standard Visitor Visa.

The Student Visitor Visa is also known as the Short-term Study Visa.

It should be confused with the Student Visa which is a separate visa category.

If you are a citizen of an EU or EEA country, or you have taken advantage of the EU Settlement Scheme, what you can do on the Student Visitor Visa may vary depending on when you arrived in the UK.

You can only study on an approved course that meets eligibility requirements.

You are permitted to stay in the UK for the duration of your stay plus 30 days, if you can prove that your course lasts less than eleven months.

As well as the visa application fee and the cost of your course, you may also have to pay additional fees (including the healthcare surcharge).


Book Free Consultation

Why choose us?

OISC Registered Advisors

Fixed Fees With No Surprises

Step by Step Guidance

Stress Free Visa Applications

Our benefits

At GovSupport we always put the client first. We will take the time to understand your personal circumstances and goals, and we aim to simplify what can be a complex process, and provide clear and actionable advice.

When you work with us on your visa application, you can expect friendly and professional service from our network of expert OISC registered advisors.