M1 Visa

The M1 Visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows foreign pupils to come to the US to take part in vocational, non-academic studies.

While on the M1 Visa students cannot register for academic courses. If you would like to come to the US to study at an academic institution, you should consider applying for the F1 Student Visa instead.

Those who come to the US on the M1 Visa can study on a part-time basis for up to six months but they are not allowed to seek employment and work.

To be eligible for the M1 Visa, you have to be able to prove that you have enough funds to cover all expenses during your stay in the US.

In most cases, the M1 Visa is initially granted for a period of one year.

Nevertheless, those who wish to stay in the US longer can apply for an extension of up to three years.


Book Free Consultation

Why choose us?

OISC Registered Advisors

Fixed Fees With No Surprises

Step by Step Guidance

Stress Free Visa Applications

Our benefits

At GovSupport we always put the client first. We will take the time to understand your personal circumstances and goals, and we aim to simplify what can be a complex process, and provide clear and actionable advice.

When you work with us on your visa application, you can expect friendly and professional service from our network of expert OISC registered advisors.