Petition for Alien Relative

The Petition for Alien Relative needs to be filed by US citizens or permanent residents before their foreign citizens can begin the process of applying for a Family-Based Visa.

The goal of Form I-130 is to help family members come to settle in the US.

Filing and submitting the Petition does not immediately get the foreign family member a US Green Card but it allows them to start and later complete their visa application.

Once the US relative submits the petition on your behalf, your place in line for a visa number will be reserved. When you reach the head of the line, you might be able to immigrate to the US.

The process of waiting for the visa to become available can take a long while if you are applying as a family preference category.

That is why it is recommended to submit the Petition as soon as possible.

Mistakes on the Petition can lead to delays or even rejection. To avoid delays, seek assistance from one of our immigration lawyers.


Book Free Consultation

Why choose us?

OISC Registered Advisors

Fixed Fees With No Surprises

Step by Step Guidance

Stress Free Visa Applications

Our benefits

At GovSupport we always put the client first. We will take the time to understand your personal circumstances and goals, and we aim to simplify what can be a complex process, and provide clear and actionable advice.

When you work with us on your visa application, you can expect friendly and professional service from our network of expert OISC registered advisors.