Charity Worker Visa

The Charity Worker Visa is a subcategory of the UK Temporary Worker Visa. This visa is for those who plan to do unpaid voluntary work whilst in the UK, and it has recently replaced the Tier 5 Charity Worker Visa.

The Charity Worker Visa route allows you to stay in the UK for up to 12 months, or the time given on your Certificate of Sponsorship plus 14 days, whichever is the shorter of the two. If you want to work in the UK for longer than this, or if you want to do paid work whilst in the UK, you should consider one of the other work visas.

Whilst in the UK on a Charity Worker Visa, you can do unpaid charity work for your sponsor, and you can also study and take on a second job, providing it is either in the same sector as your main job or is for a role on the Shortage Occupation List without needing to get another worker visa.

There are some limitations to this visa that a charity worker should note. You cannot receive payment for any of the work that you do whilst in the UK or take on a permanent job. You also cannot access public funds.


Book Free Consultation

Why choose us?

OISC Registered Advisors

Fixed Fees With No Surprises

Step by Step Guidance

Stress Free Visa Applications

Our benefits

At GovSupport we always put the client first. We will take the time to understand your personal circumstances and goals, and we aim to simplify what can be a complex process, and provide clear and actionable advice.

When you work with us on your visa application, you can expect friendly and professional service from our network of expert OISC registered advisors.