Representative of an Overseas Business Visa


The Representative of an Overseas Business Visa allows employees of overseas newspapers, news agencies or broadcasting organisations to come to the UK if they’ve been posted on a long-term assignment.

Note that this is a new visa route launched by the UK government in the summer of 2022 and was formerly known as the ‘Representative of an Overseas Newspaper, News Agency or Broadcasting Organisation visa’.

In addition to this, sole representatives who wish to open a UK branch of their overseas company or business will no longer be able to apply for Sole Representative visas. Instead, you must apply through the UK Expansion Worker visa under the Global Business Mobility category of visas.

However, workers with existing permission as sole representatives on UK Sole Representative visas are still able to extend their stay and settle in the UK through this route.


Book Free Consultation

Why choose us?

OISC Registered Advisors

Fixed Fees With No Surprises

Step by Step Guidance

Stress Free Visa Applications

Our benefits

At GovSupport we always put the client first. We will take the time to understand your personal circumstances and goals, and we aim to simplify what can be a complex process, and provide clear and actionable advice.

When you work with us on your visa application, you can expect friendly and professional service from our network of expert OISC registered advisors.