R1 Visa

The R1 Visa is a religious-based visa available to foreign members of nonprofit vocational associations. To be eligible, applicants must provide evidence of their professional roles and planned activities in the US. With an R1 visa, you can come to the United States as a religious worker or minister.

Examples of people that can apply for an R1 Visa include religious instructors, religious counsellors, liturgical workers, catechists, cantors, religious translators, religious broadcasters, workers in religious healthcare facilities & hospitals.

Certain workers in religious organizations cannot apply for an R1 visa. Examples are those working as clerks, fundraisers, maintenance workers, and janitors.


Book Free Consultation

Why choose us?

OISC Registered Advisors

Fixed Fees With No Surprises

Step by Step Guidance

Stress Free Visa Applications

Our benefits

At GovSupport we always put the client first. We will take the time to understand your personal circumstances and goals, and we aim to simplify what can be a complex process, and provide clear and actionable advice.

When you work with us on your visa application, you can expect friendly and professional service from our network of expert OISC registered advisors.